Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/20 09:33:10 UTC

OSGI bundles for spark project..

Hi,

I am interested in a Spark OSGI bundle.

While checking the maven repository I found out that it is still not being
implemented.

Can we see an OSGI bundle being released soon? Is it in the Spark Project
roadmap?

Rgds
--
Niranda

Re: OSGI bundles for spark project..

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
No, you usually run Spark apps via the spark-submit script, and the
Spark machinery is already deployed on a cluster. Although it's
possible to embed the driver and get it working that way, it's not
supported.

Posted by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

--