Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Matt Hudson <ma...@spaceship.com> on 2001/02/12 18:42:17 UTC

Document/stylesheet caching w/ Xalan2.0

Hello,

I am attempting to cache Templates and Documents, in order
to cut redundant parsing of disk files out of the transformation
overhead.

I've hit a problem, though, which is that I can't seem to find
a way to use a Document as the transformation input.  Parsing
from disk is obvious enough, I used XMLReader.parse(String)
to prove the mechanism to myself.  Now I just want to use an
already-parsed structure for the same.

Suggestions of how the right pre-parsed storage class, or a new
approach, or some way to get SAX2 events equivalent to a given
Document would be muchly appreciated!  I'm rewriting this without
XMLFilter if I can't locate/beg/borrow/steal an answer.

Many thanks,

-matt
relative Xalan newbie

--
        First post, hot grits, with liberty and Natalie Portman for all!

      matt hudson   matt@spaceship.com    http://www.spaceship.com/~matt