Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Georgi Chorbadzhiyski <gf...@unixsol.org> on 2006/10/08 23:24:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Killing apache child processes and logging (how to stop serving request?)

Hi guys, I have the following problem. I maintain a mirror site serving
large ISO images. Everything is fine with Apache 2.2 but I have the following
problem (tested with the same results in 1.3.37, 2.0.59 and 2.2.3):

Sometimes I need to kill an apache child process serving large file before
request is completed. I run "kill -SIGTERM HTTPD_PID", the child dies and
transfer is stopped but nothing is written in access log.

I've tried sending different signals to the child serving the request but
I can't cause it to die and log the transfer at the same time. The child just
dies without logging the transfer.

Is there a way to stop apache child serving request but without loosing log
information?

Graceful doesn't work for me, because I want to stop the transfer and graceful
is just advisory.

Tested on Linux 2.6.17.7/Slamd64 and Linux 2.4.32/Slackware 11.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/