Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com> on 2011/10/13 19:56:30 UTC

Repeating a non-continuous persistent replication?

If I create a persistent replication document in the _replicator database, and don’t mark it as continuous, then after it finishes copying documents it’ll stop. So how do I make it run again? Do I just PUT a new revision with the _replication_state field changed to “triggered”?

—Jens

Re: Repeating a non-continuous persistent replication?

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com> wrote:
> If I create a persistent replication document in the _replicator database, and don’t mark it as continuous, then after it finishes copying documents it’ll stop. So how do I make it run again? Do I just PUT a new revision with the _replication_state field changed to “triggered”?

If you set the state field to triggered it will be a no-op.

Just update the document with a version not containing the
_replication_state field or create a new one (with other id)
describing the same replication.

--
Filipe David Manana,