Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sajith Weerakoon <sa...@zone24x7.com> on 2009/04/17 06:28:04 UTC

The facetd Search

Hi all,

I am developing a search tool and it uses solr as the key querying
technique. At the moment I have got a very much stable version and I need to
enhance the application by introducing a faceted search. I went through the
documentation and did some modifications to my code. I could not get
anything out of it done. Is there a configuration involved? How can I
implement the faceted search?

Sajith Vimukthi Weerakoon.

Re: The facetd Search

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Sajith Weerakoon <sa...@zone24x7.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am developing a search tool and it uses solr as the key querying
> technique. At the moment I have got a very much stable version and I need
> enhance the application by introducing a faceted search. I went through the
> documentation and did some modifications to my code. I could not get
> anything out of it done. Is there a configuration involved? How can I
> implement the faceted search?

What were the modifications that you did? What was not working?

Also see:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/Community/Hear-from-the-Experts/Articles/Faceted-Search-Solr
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.