Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net> on 2006/12/12 17:34:19 UTC

Approach to web apps on different databases

Hi folks,

We have a webapp on Hibernate/JSF. DB access only via Hibernate, no pure JDBC code.

I'd like to ask advice on building this webbapp for different databases. We use
HSQLDB in development-time, but production variants should run on Oracle and
PostgreSQL. My questin is how could we use Maven to build versions of our app
for some specific DBs?
Our application is fully mavenized.
It contains modules like:

* schema - compiled XML Schemas;
* main - main code;
* web - war-packaged module.

Should we simply create further web-oracle, web-psql etc. with dependencies on
web and on specific DBs? Or what is the recommended approach?

Thank you for your time and your replies.

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Approach to web apps on different databases

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Profiles can probably handle this for you.

Wayne