Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2005/04/27 21:12:08 UTC

good news/bad news

Hi all, I just wanted to give everyone an update on the tutorials that
I've been doing and I have some good news/bad news relating to those.
First, let me thank everyone who downloaded the tutorials and gave me
such great feedback on them. As with all things done during free time
life interferes from time-to-time and I have not had the time to finish
these with my other projects and personal obligations.

I have recently signed a contract to do a book on Tapestry for
SourceBeat publishing called Tapestry Live. You can view the Web-site
for the book here - http://www.sourcebeat.com:80/TitleAction.do?id=12
and the blog for the book is here -
http://www.jroller.com/page/WarnerOnstine/ . This book will be focused
on Tapestry 4.0 and will cover building an application from the ground
up.

I will be finishing up the third tutorial (with permission from
SourceBeat as by contract I cannot write anymore on these until I have
finished with the book which will be a while).

Again thanks to everyone and I hope that you enjoy the book when it
becomes available (Early access should be early June).

-warner

Re: good news/bad news

Posted by Matt Welch <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is fantastic news! I love the Sourcebeat model and have two
current book subscriptions with them already. I'm looking forward to
adding this one to my virtual library.

Re: good news/bad news

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yes! Someone else can write the book!

I'll be very, very interested to see how this comes out. I hope to be able
to spare a moment now and then to edit and proof read.

On 4/27/05, Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, well that would be nice but not the focus of the book ;-). I'll
> have to approach them about that in the future.
>
> -warner
>
> On Apr 27, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>

> > On Apr 27, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Warner Onstine wrote:
> >> I have recently signed a contract to do a book on Tapestry for
> >> SourceBeat publishing called Tapestry Live.
> >
> > Congrats, Warner!
> >
> >> You can view the Web-site for the book here -
> >> http://www.sourcebeat.com:80/TitleAction.do?id=12
> >
> > Maybe your examples can be a refactoring of the SourceBeat site from
> > Struts to Tapestry :))
> >
> > Erik

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry