Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Arsalan Bilal <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 09:04:48 UTC

hbase coprocessor availability issue in 0.90.4

I am currently using habse 0.90.4.
I want to implement Coprocessors. I know that coprocessors were part of
0.92 and in hbase book, it is clearly mention that Coprocessors are
currently on TRUNK.
Is there any way to implement coprocessors in 0.90.4 or will it be
available in next release?

--
Best Regards,
Arsalan Bilal

Re: hbase coprocessor availability issue in 0.90.4

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The current release candidate for 0.92 has all the coprocessor goodness included. Try it if you like and let us know if it worked out for you.

Cheers,
Lars

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Arsalan,

> Can you provide example of coprocessors using 0.92

The unit tests provide some limited examples: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.92/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/

A complete example implementation is the AccessController in 0.92: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.92/security/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/security/access/

This Coprocessor implements the MasterObserver and RegionObserver interfaces. It also extends RPC with an Endpoint (a custom RPC protocol), as AccessControllerProtocol.

> or any other informative link to use?

I need to recover some content on Coprocessor development posted to a blog a while back. It will appear on the HBase wiki when I can get it back. In the meantime, there is:

    http://www.slideshare.net/ghelmling/new-hbase-features-coprocessors-and-security

Best regards,

   - Andy

Posted by Arsalan Bilal <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Royston Sellman <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the pointer to the 0.20.205.0 release.

We are constrained to use Scientific Linux for our cluster and although SciLin is close to Red Hat from experience CDH does not just drop into place. We've got used to managing Hadoop/HBase for our cluster. So I'd like to avoid CDH3 for now. We will try building 1.0 for ourselves first. Plan B will be the 0.20.205 release you pointed out.

Just to clarify: browsing the SVN repo it looks like hadoop/common/branches/branch-1.0 and hadoop/common/tags/release-1.0.0-rc2 are identical. Is that correct?

Royston

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Royston,

Posted by Royston Sellman <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Royston Sellman <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Akhtar,

Posted by Akhtar Muhammad Din <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Regards
Akhtar Muhammad Din

Re: hbase coprocessor availability issue in 0.90.4

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Arsalan,