Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> on 1996/02/06 05:16:21 UTC

more patches

Hi...

I've just uploaded two more patches to /httpd/incoming. If someone could
please move them to for_Apache_1.0.2, that'd be lovely. They are:

* alias_htaccess.patch
This patch allows you to put Redirect directives into .htaccess files (if
it has Options FileInfo on). This is just generally useful, makes it
simpler for the user who does not have access to the config file to add
redirects, as opposed to using a CGI script or asis file. Besides, NCSA
httpd 1.5 allows it.

* opt_all_mv.patch
This does something that I think should have been done a long time ago -
puts MultiViews into Options All. Yes, so it sacrifises a teensy bit of
NCSA 1.3 backward-compatibility, but it's not as if anyone would notice
(it shouldn't break anything, and I think new users would rather have it on.

Anyhow, that's all for now. Except that I would like to second whomever (I
think it was Rob Hartill) suggested Andrew Wilson's mod_env.c be proposed
for inclusion into the next version. It seems useful enough to be part of
the distribution (and turned on by default in Configuration).  What do you
say, Andrew?

Thanks!

--/ Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> /--------/ Lefler on IRC