Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pranavan Theivendiram <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2015/06/14 19:09:55 UTC

[GSoC-2015][Progress Update] Introducing "curve fitting" for stat prediction algorithm of Autoscaler

Hi Lahiru and Raj,

I have finished the following tasks of my project.

   1. Added apache common math lib as a dependency
   2. Curve fitting part is finished. ( From <timestamp,value> pair values
   to a second order polynomial v = a*t*t + b*t + c)

I am currently working on exponential moving average (EMA). Since apache
common math libs do not have the functionality to implement EMA. I am
implementing it in my own.

I need an assistance in finding the smoothing constant alpha. I need a
proper value for alpha.

I started implementing CurveFittingWindowProcessor. Not finished yet. Most
of the functions are adopted from other window processors. I need to
implement some methods for prediction and EMA.

Please find my Git repo below.[1]
<https://github.com/pranavan135/stratos/tree/CurveFittingGSoC>

[1] - https://github.com/pranavan135/stratos/tree/CurveFittingGSoC

Thanks

*T. Pranavan*
*BSc Eng Undergraduate| Department of Computer Science & Engineering
,University of Moratuwa*
*Mobile| *0775136836

Re: [GSoC-2015][Progress Update] Introducing "curve fitting" for stat prediction algorithm of Autoscaler

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Akila,

Somehow you have missed in the committer JIRA group, I have added now. You
should able to assign issues to other now.

Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos
Mobile : +94714289692
Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

Re: [GSoC-2015][Progress Update] Introducing "curve fitting" for stat prediction algorithm of Autoscaler

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
OK, I have assign that issue to you.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Pranavan Theivendiram <

Posted by Pranavan Theivendiram <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Lakmal,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Pranavan Theivendiram <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.