Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@home.ro> on 2002/04/26 02:17:56 UTC

Activating SSI in Apache 1.33 under Linux

Hi all,

I have a Linux Red Hat 7.2 machine and I want to activate SSI on it.
I have tried:

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

In the folder where I have the files with SSI, I have the following options:

options ... includes

I have also tried with:

options ... includes ExecCGI

I can see the .shtml files but not the SSI.
I can see the server side include file if I type the path to that file from
cgi-bin directory like:

teddy.fcc.ro/cgi-bin/test.pl

What could be the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

Re: Activating SSI in Apache 1.33 under Linux

Posted by Octavian Rasnita <or...@home.ro>.
I want to call shtml pages but I've told that the CGI scripts work calling
them directly  because I didn't want someone to think that they could be
the problem.
So they are not the problem but the Apache settings.

The .htaccess file is:

Options none

Options FollowSymLinks includes multiviews

#I have tried putting ExecCGI here with the same results.

ErrorDocument 404 /missing.html

ErrorDocument 403 /denied.html

If you want, I could send the httpd.conf file because I think a problem
could be there.
Thanks.
Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

Posted by Admin <ko...@naisp.net>.
geez...sounds to me, like you are even confusing yourself...with what you
want...

is it that you want to execute perl files...with extensions of  " .pl "  " .cgi
" ?