Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Samina <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/28 12:20:05 UTC

Apache solr can be made near-real-Time???

I want to use solr for enterprise level search on a large scale of data in
TB, where in  Lakh's of data will be update in an hour and approx 3 Lakh's
of data of would be seached in one hour.This is just the rough value though
nearby,so how can we achieve near -real-Time search in solr ? and how much
percent of real time search would be possible on this large data?
Can we even achieve this doing indexing at certain
interval(automatic/Manual)?
Please help and suggest

Re: Apache solr can be made near-real-Time???

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Samina,
First to thank you for teaching me what "lakh" is :)

Solr is capable of handling large amount of data, but that requires
large Solr cluster. What you need to determine is what is your real time
- what is max time you can tolerate update to be visible; and determine
acceptable query latency. After that you need to test with different
shard size to achieve target latency. After that you can extrapolate it
to your full data set and see how many shards you need.
What you can do with your data to reduce hw requirements:
* remove from index anything that is not needed
* in case you have time related data you can use time slicing
* in case of multi tenant index you can use routing

Regards,
Emir