Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by TomKattt <th...@socal.rr.com> on 2008/09/02 21:21:00 UTC

URL adding extra junk

Hello, I'm a newbie with JMeter, and I just took over a JMETER task from a
different newbie who is no longer with the company.  I am hoping someone can
explain this problem to me.

I have a test script with a lot of pages.  In our QA environment, all of the
pages work great.  But we also have an isolated 'sandbox' that we want to
test in, and I need to get a clean run from JMETER in that environment.

Using the same script as QA, about a third of the URL's return a Server 500
error.  When I look in the jmeter log, I see 'URL:
http://localhost:2006/...blahblahblah.../TradingScenarios.asp?parm=457'.
This has a server 500 error with it.

In the IIS log, this transaction shows up, and the parm in the URL are
messed up.  The parm is 'parm=457|49|ASP_0158_:_80004005|missing_URL'.

I don't know where that extra stuff is coming from.

Here is a paste of the XML from the .jmx file:

        <hashTree>
          <GenericController guiclass="LogicControllerGui"
testclass="GenericController" testname="Trading and Compliance &gt;&gt;
Hypothetical Trade Testing
/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp" enabled="true"/>
          <hashTree>
            <HTTPSampler guiclass="HttpTestSampleGui"
testclass="HTTPSampler"
testname="/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp"
enabled="true">
              <elementProp name="HTTPsampler.Arguments"
elementType="Arguments" guiclass="HTTPArgumentsPanel" testclass="Arguments"
enabled="true">
                <collectionProp name="Arguments.arguments">
                  <elementProp name="" elementType="HTTPArgument">
                    <boolProp
name="HTTPArgument.always_encode">false</boolProp>
                    <stringProp name="Argument.name">parm</stringProp>
                    <stringProp name="Argument.value">457</stringProp>
                    <stringProp name="Argument.metadata">=</stringProp>
                  </elementProp>
                </collectionProp>
              </elementProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.domain"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.port"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.protocol">http</stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.contentEncoding"></stringProp>
              <stringProp
name="HTTPSampler.path">/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp</stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.method">GET</stringProp>
              <boolProp name="HTTPSampler.follow_redirects">true</boolProp>
              <boolProp name="HTTPSampler.auto_redirects">false</boolProp>
              <boolProp name="HTTPSampler.use_keepalive">true</boolProp>
              <boolProp
name="HTTPSampler.DO_MULTIPART_POST">false</boolProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.mimetype"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.FILE_NAME"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.FILE_FIELD"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.monitor">false</stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.embedded_url_re"></stringProp>
            </HTTPSampler>
            <hashTree/>
          </hashTree>

Thanks for any help I can get.

Re: URL adding extra junk

Posted by TomKattt <th...@socal.rr.com>.
Thanks.  Your tip to save the responses to a file helped a lot.  It uncovered
some new problems I didn't know about. Life is great. ;-)

Add the Save Responses to a file element:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

to save the responses to files, and compare the sets of files from QA
and sandbox runs.

Re: URL adding extra junk

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/09/2008, TomKattt <th...@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>  Hello, I'm a newbie with JMeter, and I just took over a JMETER task from a
>  different newbie who is no longer with the company.  I am hoping someone can
>  explain this problem to me.
>
>  I have a test script with a lot of pages.  In our QA environment, all of the
>  pages work great.  But we also have an isolated 'sandbox' that we want to
>  test in, and I need to get a clean run from JMETER in that environment.
>
>  Using the same script as QA, about a third of the URL's return a Server 500
>  error.  When I look in the jmeter log, I see 'URL:
>  http://localhost:2006/...blahblahblah.../TradingScenarios.asp?parm=457'.
>  This has a server 500 error with it.
>
>  In the IIS log, this transaction shows up, and the parm in the URL are
>  messed up.  The parm is 'parm=457|49|ASP_0158_:_80004005|missing_URL'.
>
>  I don't know where that extra stuff is coming from.

Nor do I.

Are you absolutely sure that the sandbox server is set up identically
to the QA server?

>  Here is a paste of the XML from the .jmx file:
>
>         <hashTree>
>           <GenericController guiclass="LogicControllerGui"
>  testclass="GenericController" testname="Trading and Compliance &gt;&gt;
>  Hypothetical Trade Testing
>  /Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp" enabled="true"/>
>           <hashTree>
>             <HTTPSampler guiclass="HttpTestSampleGui"
>  testclass="HTTPSampler"
>  testname="/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp"
>  enabled="true">
>               <elementProp name="HTTPsampler.Arguments"
>  elementType="Arguments" guiclass="HTTPArgumentsPanel" testclass="Arguments"
>  enabled="true">
>                 <collectionProp name="Arguments.arguments">
>                   <elementProp name="" elementType="HTTPArgument">
>                     <boolProp
>  name="HTTPArgument.always_encode">false</boolProp>
>                     <stringProp name="Argument.name">parm</stringProp>
>                     <stringProp name="Argument.value">457</stringProp>
>                     <stringProp name="Argument.metadata">=</stringProp>

No sign of any extra junk here.