Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Jacobs <to...@intervisionmedia.com> on 2006/07/03 23:18:52 UTC

OS X Server - Enable Tomcat for JSPs only

I want to configure my Mac OS X Server 10.4 so Tomcat handles JSPs,
but Apache serves normal content (including PHP, CGI, and so on), all
without having to specify a special port. In other words:

www.mydomain.com/index.jsp (gets handled by Tomcat)
www.mydomain.com/index.html (gets handled by Apache)

What works, but is not what I want:
www.mydomain.com/index.html
www.mydomain.com:9006/index.jsp

I've Googled extensively and tried many approaches, but without
success. Many of the suggestions I've found either apply to OS X (not
Server), or are several years old and probably obsolete. It seems
like someone should have already invented this wheel but I can't find
the evidence.

Tom

Re: OS X Server - Enable Tomcat for JSPs only

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 7/3/06, Tom Jacobs <to...@intervisionmedia.com> wrote:
> I want to configure my Mac OS X Server 10.4 so Tomcat handles JSPs,
> but Apache serves normal content (including PHP, CGI, and so on),

> I've Googled extensively and tried many approaches,

such as?

>                                                                            but without
> success. Many of the suggestions I've found either apply to OS X (not
> Server),

..an irrelevant distinction, I'd imagine -- what's so different?

>               or are several years old and probably obsolete. It seems
> like someone should have already invented this wheel but I can't find
> the evidence.

If you must use an old Apache httpd, use mod_jk to connect to Tomcat;
otherwise use httpd 2.2 and mod_proxy_ajp. Between the Tomcat docs
and a bit of googling, you should be good to go.

If not, tell us what you *have* tried and exactly how it "didn't work"...