Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ravi Shankar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/02 08:06:18 UTC

General question regarding Web 2.0 and Tapestry

Folks,

I am still new to Tapestry and evaluating 4.1.3 version as of today. I
am curious to know if any of you - or know someone/somewhere - that
uses Tapestry for web 2.0 business application, notably B2B
application.

If you can share your experience or point me to the relevant place, I
will be glad to take a look.

TIA and best,

Ravi

Re: General question regarding Web 2.0 and Tapestry

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com>.
The term web 2.0 was coined by O'Reilly media, and simply describes the
business revolution in the computer industry caused by the move to the
internet as platform. From a technology point of view you can't get more
general than that, so web 2 technologies are pretty much everything used
today, as opposed to the traditional web model (HTTP and CGI based). I
guess you could say that a web 2 app is an app that is interoperable
with and runs on multiple platforms or devices, and provides desktop
application usability.

Peter

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi,

Posted by Ravi Shankar <sa...@gmail.com>.
I don't have a clear definition of web 2.0. THis is what wiki says
Web 2.0 websites typically include some of these features:

    * Rich Internet application techniques, often Ajax-based
    * Semantically valid XHTML and HTML markup
    * Microformats enriching pages with additional semantics
    * Folksonomies (in the form of tags or tagclouds, for example)
    * Cascading Style Sheets to separate presentation from content
    * REST and/or XML- and/or JSON-based APIs
    * Syndication, aggregation and notification of data in RSS or Atom feeds
    * Mashups, merging content from different sources, client- and server-side
    * Weblog publishing tools
    * Wiki or forum software, etc., to support user generated content

Thanks for your inputs.

Ravi

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
hi,