Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2007/06/13 10:52:21 UTC

RE: emails to non existent recipients -- forward to spam honey pot.

>> =20
>> Very interesting question !=20
>>
>> I don't have any idea about how to do this but I'm interested in answers =
>> too
>> ! :-)

Ideally your MTA should check that the recipient does not exist in ldap, and then either
- refuse the mail completely at the RCPT command
- redirect the mail to sa-learn (it is most likely spam) and then issue a 5xx error in response to
the DATA command (if the message really was a typo, the sender will be informed that it could
not be delivered)
Further, you might want to check your mails whether you can reject mails from your own
address ("our roaming users are required to auth"). Note: some time ago ebay was sending certain mails
this way ... they should have learned by now that this will also trigger spf, dkim, etc.

Wolfgang Hamann