Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2015/02/02 12:30:39 UTC

Re: Using Samoa/Samza to perform root cause analysis

Hi Shekar,

I am not sure whether it is a typical use case.
If you can frame it into a classification problem, then yes SAMOA can help
you.

I am not aware that it has been done, but I am not familiar with the area.

If you want to apply supervised ML, you need to decide which features you
want to extract and how to get training data.

Cheers,

--
Gianmarco

Posted by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org>.
Hi Shekar,

As I said, I am not familiar with the problem so I am not able to help you
on how to frame it.
However, given that you are just starting out I would first try with some
single-machine, batch machine learning library such as WEKA or scikit-learn.
Once you have developed an understanding of how to frame the problem and
which features you want to use, then you can start thinking about problems
of scaling and streaming.

Cheers,

--
Gianmarco