Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rholt <ri...@btopenworld.com> on 2011/01/24 14:54:51 UTC

ActiveMQ - failing over to another server

Hi, please can anyone help with this issue it is causing us a lot of issues

Apache Active MQ 5.4.1 - running on 2 servers on 2 different subnets from
now on i will call them Test AMQ and Live AMQ

At some points we see errors occur on the Test AMQ server and shortly after
we see errors on the Live AMQ with Ack issues. Also the consumer counts on
the Live increase as our clients switch connectivity over to Live AMQ.

The clients connecting to these test systems have no knowledge of the other
and use a static TCP/IP connection BrokerURL to their appropriate AMQ. They
do use the failover transport but with a single address to cause a retry
loop.

I have attached the activemq.xml for both servers. And the logs for the test
system. Unfortunately on Live i only have a snippet of a log (attached).

thanks in advance

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3234055/live-activemq.xml
live-activemq.xml
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3234055/test-activemq.xml
test-activemq.xml
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3234055/test.activemq.log.2011-01-22
test.activemq.log.2011-01-22
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3234055/live.activemq.snippet.log
live.activemq.snippet.log

Re: ActiveMQ - failing over to another server

Posted by JoeC <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you - that explains the warning message I see when using a similar
setup here.
FWIW I agree, the name should not be used on reconnect.

Re: ActiveMQ - failing over to another server

Posted by rholt <ri...@btopenworld.com>.
raised as Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3169

Re: ActiveMQ - failing over to another server

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
interesting - please log this as an issue

Posted by rholt <ri...@btopenworld.com>.
the broker url's we use are

Test
failover:(tcp://172.16.8.195:61619)