Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/10/05 20:30:47 UTC

Version 1.2.0 of nifi-script-tester released

All,

I've just released version 1.2.0 of the nifi-script-tester [1], a
utility that lets you test your Groovy, Jython, and Javascript scripts
for use in the NiFi ExecuteScript processor.  Here are the new
features:

- Upgraded code to NiFi 1.4.0
- Added support for incoming flow file attributes

For the first point, there was a lot of refactor done in the NiFi
Scripting NAR in order to reuse code across various scripting
components in NiFi, such as processors, controller services, record
readers/writers, and reporting tasks.  Getting the codebase up to date
will allow me to add new features such as the ability to test
RecordReader/Writer scripts, ScriptedReportingTask scripts, etc.

For the second point, I'd been asked to add that support for a while
so I finally got around to it :) There is now a new switch "attrfile"
that lets you point to a Java properties file. These properties will
be added to each flow file (whether coming from STDIN or the inputdir
switch). In the future I hope to add support for Expression Language,
and perhaps figure out a way to specify a set of attributes per
incoming flow file (rather than reusing one set for all, whether that
set supports EL or not). The code is Apache-licensed and on GitHub
[2], I welcome any pull requests :)

If anyone gives this a try, please let me know how/if it works for
you. As always, I welcome all questions, comments, and suggestions.
Cheers!

-Matt

[1] https://bintray.com/mattyb149/maven/nifi-script-tester/1.2.0
[2] https://github.com/mattyb149/nifi-script-tester