Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Sam Su <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/02 08:23:11 UTC

how to design a dataobject to include pagination information

Hi all,   I would like to ask a question.

I will use JSF+Spring+SDO to develop a web application,  as pagination is a
general function in  web application,
is there anybody who has designed a DataObject which include all
needed  pagination information, such as total count of pages, total count of
records retreived from database, and records(will be presented as a
collection of Data Object)which will be displayed on current page. by using
this DataOjbect,   POJO service bean(implmented by Spring) can return it to
JSF for presentation.

I want to declare a DataObject in xsd file like following, and generate a
static dataobject according to it. but I don't which type should be used to
present 'results' element(will be presented as a collection of Data
Object,which will be displayed on current page).

<xsd:complexType name="Page">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="recordCount" type="xsd:int"/>
      <xsd:element name="pageCount" type="xsd:int"/>
      <xsd:element name="pageSize" type="xsd:int"/>
      <xsd:element name="pageNum" type="xsd:int"/>
      <xsd:element name="results"
type="??"/>         /**************************which type should be used
here???
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: how to design a dataobject to include pagination information

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
DAS has some support for paging if that helps :
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/WorkingWithPaging

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sam,

It seems that your results is the container for the pageinfo.. so
perhaps the following is more what you are after:
<schema
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
	xmlns:page="http://www.example.com/page"
	targetNamespace="http://www.example.com/page">

	<element name="Page" type="page:PageType"/>

	<complexType name="PageType">
		<sequence>
		<element name="Info" type="page:PaginationType" />
		<element name="Content" type="bytes" />
		</sequence>
	</complexType>

	<complexType name="PaginationType">
		<sequence>
		<element name="recordCount" type="int"/>
		<element name="pageCount" type="int"/>
		<element name="pageSize" type="int"/>
		<element name="pageNum" type="int"/>
		</sequence>
	</complexType>
</schema>

Does this match the intended model for your data ? If not, can you
supply a couple of UML class diagrams (or similar) and I'd be happy to
work with you to create an appropriate schema...

Best regards,
Dan