Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu> on 2014/06/13 13:54:04 UTC

ApacheCon CFP closes June 25

AW: storage location of ACE repository

Posted by Sibla Wilfried <Wi...@bosch-si.com>.
Hi Jan,

Thx for your really fast reply.
In my case I sometimes had no more access to the ACE repos through the VaadinUI. How could I do the export in such a case?
Would I have to do this on the command line? Or is that currently not implemented yet?
I'm not sure if in such a situation a Workspace can be created e.g. from the GoGo console to export the repos.
On the other side, why exporting when's the repos can be stored outside of the bundle cache very simple. Without any side effects and required subsequent changes/adjustments. The behavior of ACE remains at is, except that the repos are stored in a configurable location.

But nevertheless I think that those changes could also be very helpful.
For example, if I hand over a server runtime installation to the sysops and after some weeks something goes wrong.
Then the first (and very simple) steps for a quick fix trial is to ask the sysops to delete the bundle cache and restart the server.
This helps most of the time and the server is running again and can be used.

I believe that this proceeding would not comply to your ambition to reproduce, find and fix the problem.
But unfortunately in those scenarios it's also really difficult or nearly impossible to reproduces those problems

Regards
Wilfried

Danke und Grüße
Wilfried

Posted by Sibla Wilfried <Wi...@bosch-si.com>.
Hi Jan,

Thx for your really fast reply.
In my case I sometimes had no more access to the ACE repos through the VaadinUI. How could I do the export in such a case?
Would I have to do this on the command line? Or is that currently not implemented yet?
I'm not sure if in such a situation a Workspace can be created e.g. from the GoGo console to export the repos.
On the other side, why exporting when's the repos can be stored outside of the bundle cache very simple. Without any y side affects

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.

storage location of ACE repository

Posted by Sibla Wilfried <Wi...@bosch-si.com>.
Hi to all

As most of the ACE users might know, ACE is storing its repositories (shop, target, deployment and users, and also the auditlog) within the bundles cache of the bundle org.apache.ace.repository.impl.jar.

In our environment we are quite often forced to restart the server including deleting the bundle cache to fix some runtime problems (possibly/probably caused by some mistakes made during using the vaadin UI; but not really reproducible).
Although this happens in a test/development environment it's quite annoying to setup the repository again afterwards.

Therefore I made some really small changes to the RepositoryFactory and to the Activator of the bundle org.apache.ace.log.target.store.impl.jar to make the storage location of that repositories configurable.

I appended the patch to this small (the corresponding cfg files changes for the project run-server-allinone are also included) changes to this mail. The changes are fully compliant to ACE. If the cfg files remain unchanged, the repositories are still stored to the bundle cache.

For me it would be really great if this patch would find the way to the ACE trunk :-)

@Marcel: you probably remember this topic from our earlier discussions.

Thx a lot in advance.

Regards
Wilfried

Re: ACE build with semantic versioning support

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Wilfried,

As far as I can see you did not attach a patch to this mail. However, I would like you to create an issue in Jira and attach the patch to that issue.

Greetings, Marcel