Posted to users@maven.apache.org by the GodFather <af...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 18:31:32 UTC

profile legacy problem

Hi,

I have a problem with legacy in maven 2, i've configured a profile called
"myProfile"in my POM parent and i have my project pom which  inherits this
pom parent, but when i execute "mvn -PmyProfile  myProject" the profile is
not activated, can you see the problem

thanks

RE: profile legacy problem

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Yeah I meant active-profiles, but since the other goals are effective-*, I always mix them up.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
?

Re: profile legacy problem

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

RE: profile legacy problem

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

>I have a problem with legacy in maven 2, i've configured a profile
called
>"myProfile"in my POM parent and i have my project pom which  inherits
this
>pom parent, but when i execute "mvn -PmyProfile  myProject" the profile
is
>not activated, can you see the problem

Yes it's right over.... oh you don't include anything to look at.
NeverMind. ;-)

Seriously though, a little snippet of your pom with the profile
definition and an explanation about why you think it's not activated
would help.

A few tips. Try mvn help:effective-profiles -PmyProfile and see if your
profile is listed. Then try mvn help:effective-pom -PmyProfile to see
what the pom looks like...this might help you figure out what is
happening.

Brian Fox
Apache Maven PMC
http://blogs.sonatype.com/brian/