Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by Jerry Hu <mr...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/07 13:28:17 UTC

[Discuss][DSIP] Add codegen support

Dear All,

I'd like to add codegen support to Doris.

Codegen will reduce the execution time of expression(almost 50%) but will
take 150-200ms to compile the code.

There will be 2 stages:
1. Implementation of basic function, which includes:
    a) Plus/Sub/Multiply for int/floating types
    b) Division for floating type
2. Optimization:
     a) Compile cache.
     b) Compile all functions at one time to reduce the compiling time.

And my account on wiki is: mrhhsg@gmail.com

--
Best regards
Jerry Hu

Re:[Discuss][DSIP] Add codegen support

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for you proposal. I have created DSIP for this feature:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/DSIP-007%3A+Codegen+support+for+Doris

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

Posted by ling miao <li...@apache.org>.
> It's on vectorized execution engine.

That's no problem for me ~

Ling Miao

Jerry Hu <mr...@gmail.com> 于2022年4月13日周三 15:43写道:

Posted by Jerry Hu <mr...@gmail.com>.
It's on vectorized execution engine.

ling miao <li...@apache.org> 于2022年4月12日周二 10:54写道:

> Which execution engine is your codegen mainly implemented on?
>
> Ling Miao
>
> Zhengguo Yang <ya...@apache.org> 于2022年4月12日周二 10:50写道:
>
> > That’s great!
> > I’m looking forward to it!
> > On 2022/04/07 13:28:17 Jerry Hu wrote:
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I'd like to add codegen support to Doris.
> > >
> > > Codegen will reduce the execution time of expression(almost 50%) but
> will
> > > take 150-200ms to compile the code.
> > >
> > > There will be 2 stages:
> > > 1. Implementation of basic function, which includes:
> > >     a) Plus/Sub/Multiply for int/floating types
> > >     b) Division for floating type
> > > 2. Optimization:
> > >      a) Compile cache.
> > >      b) Compile all functions at one time to reduce the compiling time.
> > >
> > > And my account on wiki is: mrhhsg@gmail.com
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best regards
> > > Jerry Hu