Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by danielavieira <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 19:43:16 UTC

What is possible and what is not possible test with JMETER?

Hello everybody,

Please, i studing and making a document about JMETER and i want to know what
is possible and what is not possible test with this tool.

Thanks a lot.

Daniela

Re: What is possible and what is not possible test with JMETER?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
> i studing and making a document about JMETER and i want to know what
is possible and what is not possible test with this tool.
You are going to have to be more specific than this if you want answers :)
The chief not possible item is that Jmeter simulates HTTP Connections - It
is not a browser so some of the measurements like how long does a browser
take to render this page or how long does this javascript take to execute
etc are not possible to answer accurately with jmeter (directly)

regards
deepak

Posted by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com>.
oh great! This is what I was looking for, one file to handle variety type if
parameters, I'll need to use them on different places, like the ServerName
and PortNumber etc.

Thanks for the help!

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.

Posted by "Chian Zhong..." <cz...@modeln.com>.
Hi:

I'm new to this tool as well, but I managed to have one script running on
the app, anything on DB side, or the server monitoring side will need some
kind of plugin.

On the scripting part, its easy to handle simple web pages, anything against
multiple frames need some extra work.
There are lots of controllers and config elements, to use them all together
will take some practice, maybe lots.

Configuration wise, I was looking for the way it handles java property file
where we can set up key+value pair, I haven't found any, in turn I'll need
to use lots of csv files. It works but less flexible and not readable.

I found the result in jmeter tends to be "pass" when the response data
is suspicious.
Like any tool, it works at the basic level, but fancier things takes lots of
effort.

Hope this helps.

Chian

Posted by Andrey Pohilko <ap...@fininfor.ru>.