Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jesse D. Sightler" <js...@eximtechnologies.com> on 2002/11/01 21:20:13 UTC

Re: Axis performance

Hi David,

I've noticed that the Axis website claims speed gains over ApacheSOAP,
but I've never really seen any evidence to back this up.  I'd be really
curious to know what kinds of benchmarks have been done comparing the
performance of the two products.

I will ask, though, whether or not debugging output could have been an
issue in your scenario.  I don't know exactly how you are using the
product, but I know that initially we had the output set to DEBUG mode
for our entire application (which included Axis) and this cost us a lot
in terms of performance.  Moving Axis to the INFO level sped things up
dramatically.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts.
--
Jess Sightler