Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Manish Malhotra <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 04:35:05 UTC

ASF HiveServer2 release plan !!

Hi,

I'm looking for HiveServer2 implementation in ASF.
I follow this link.
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hiveserver2-thrift-api.html
JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2935

Is this same as what CDH4 has released HiveServer2 and its available under
ASF or this is not being implemented in ASF till now.
I'm bit confused as its released in CDH4.

Plus if its not done in ASF, we have any deadline to release this in .10 or
0.9-rc1.
Sorry I know there wont be hard deadlines, but as we are product
ionizing hive warehouse like Oracle, so we are looking all the components.

If there are efforts left over as I can see few tasks are unassigned,
anybody can give some rough idea about how much time it would take to
implement these features, so that if possible can confirm from my company
about contributing to these features.

Thanks for your time and help !!

Regards,
Manish

Re: ASF HiveServer2 release plan !!

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Manish,

Currently the blocker for HiveServer2 in ASF is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3785 Patch there outlines
changes HS2 requires in existing hive codebase. That patch is currently
under review. Once thats reviewed and checked-in than remaining of HS2
patch will made it in trunk. Hope this helps to your planning on deploying
HS2.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.