Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/07/09 07:46:58 UTC

Updating the site ...

Hi all,

I think we have a little problem with our site-generation. It wasn’t a problem till yesterday.
The maven guys released the version 20 of the maven apache root pom.

I just tried building with this and now the site generation is failing.

The general problem is that our current site skin is using an old version of doxia. This seems to be incompatible with the recent site plugin version.

The problem is, that we are not allowed to release if not using the latest apache parent pom. So before being able to fix this, we are required to fix this problem.

I already started a feature branch tackling this problem some time ago. The only problem with this is, that it produces a technically correct website, but it looks really ugly.

Anyone here have a few cycles to beautify the site generation? It’s on the feature/site-generation-fixes branch.

Chris

Re: Updating the site ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
.... And it seems as if I can at least navigate on my mobile phone with the new version ... even if the layout is really crappy due to the large logos.
Would be cool if someone with greater CSS mojo than me could fix this (probably by providing the apocopate styles in the site.css)

Chris

Am 22.08.18, 15:41 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    yesterday a new version of the apache parent was released in version 21.
    So I tried updating this and noticed that the build was failing with version 21 too.

    Fortunately I found a fork of our skin that is being updated regularly, so I updated the site to use that skin and with this I was able to update the site-generation too.
    While at I took the liberty to clean up the site generation a little. Now we no longer need a fork of the template code in our repo. That was one thing I was not that comfortable with.

    At least now we are able to release without this problem :-)

    Chris

    Am 11.07.18, 17:22 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Hi All,

        I would propose a different approach. As I'm having 2,5 weeks off for holidays.

        I am planning on really pausing the protocol implementation work for some time as I really need some time off.

        But ... I am planning on working a little on my web-design mojo and will start working a little on the updated site.

        Chris

Re: Updating the site ...

Re: Updating the site ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi All,

I would propose a different approach. As I'm having 2,5 weeks off for holidays.

I am planning on really pausing the protocol implementation work for some time as I really need some time off.

But ... I am planning on working a little on my web-design mojo and will start working a little on the updated site.

Chris

Am 09.07.18, 19:16 schrieb "Sebastian Rühl" <se...@googlemail.com.INVALID>:

    Hi Chris,

    doesn’t sound to good but I think we will sort it out.

    IMHO: If the site isn’t too of we can live with that for the time being.

    Sebastian

Re: Updating the site ...

Posted by Sebastian Rühl <se...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Chris,