Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2008/04/28 14:48:53 UTC

Re[4]: [VOTE] Release POI 3.1-BETA1

> +1 looks OK to me.

> Some general comments though -
> It would be nice if we could get Bugzilla cleaned up a bit.  Right now
> (please correct me if I am wrong) we don't have a very good view of
> the important outstanding bugs on POI.  It seems like that would be a
> sensible thing to consult when making a release.

I completely agree with you. We do need Bugzilla cleanup.
Right now we have 200+ bugs and many of them go back to POI 2.0 or
even 1.5! It would be nice to normalize and reduce it. By normalizing
I mean closing duplicates and not reproducible bugs. Also, many bugs
should be converted from "open" to "need info", otherwise they will
stay in the open state forever.

As to the important outstanding bugs, every of us has his own punch list.
Personally, I try to keep the HSLF bug list clean and fix
escher-related bugs in HSSF. When talking about the bug-fix roadmap,
my favorite bug is OutOfMemoryError when reading/creating large xls files.
I do want to fix it although it seems to be not trivial.

Yegor