Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch> on 2004/06/02 21:57:35 UTC

commons-collection 3.0

hi all,

is there a reason why we still use the old commons-collection 2.0 ?

jakob

Re: commons-collection 3.0

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Jakob Braeuchi dijo:
> hi all,
>
> the problem with commons-collection 3.0 is that torque semms not to like
> it.
> so i had to go back to 2.1.1

Sad to hear that. Is posible to update/upgrade torque too? ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: commons-collection 3.0

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi all,

Re: commons-collection 3.0

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Jakob Braeuchi dijo:

Re: commons-collection 3.0

Posted by Jakob Bräuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi all,

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:
> >
> > > I use 3.0 locally, works great form what i can tell.
> > >
> > > -Brian

> > Just out of curiosity (and I'm sure this has been asked before): what
> are
> > we using commons-collections for within OJB (aside from XDoclet which
> uses
> > AFAIK) ?
>
> There seems to be only one place in OJB that uses commons-collections
> anyway, and that's in the xdoclet module (and I can replace this usage),
> so why not removing this dependency altogether ?

they have many useful things like ordered sets. imo ojb would benefit from
replacing some 'hand coded' stuff with commons-collections.

jakob

Re: commons-collection 3.0

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.

Re: commons-collection 3.0