Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sidney <si...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2021/04/19 18:04:19 UTC

value.subject.name.strategy for multiple event types not applied to internal topics in kafka

hello,

in kafka, we have a requirement for multiple event types in the same topic (we use avro w/ schema registry). we were able to achieve this using the following configuration:
[value.subject.name.strategy=io.confluent.kafka.serializers.subject.TopicRecordNameStrategy](https://www.confluent.io/blog/put-several-event-types-kafka-topic/)
however, this only works partially as this does not seem to be applied to internal topics created during grouping (repartition) and aggregation (change log). we then tried to configure the [internal topic parameters](https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/streams/developer-guide/config-streams.html#internal-topic-parameters) in a similar manner but to no avail.

any suggestions as to how we could resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

// sidney