Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Behroz Sikander <be...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/25 01:28:45 UTC

io.netty.channel.epoll not supported on Mac ?

Hi,
I was trying to configure Apache Hama's development environment on MAC
using the following command.
mvn clean install -Phadoop2 -Dhadoop.version=2.7.0

The following testcases seems to fail
org.apache.hama.bsp.message.TestHamaAsyncMessageManager
org.apache.hama.ipc.TestAsyncRPC
org.apache.hama.ipc.TestAsyncIPC

The errors are very similar and it seems that io.netty.channel.epoll is
only supported on Linux.

Test set: org.apache.hama.bsp.message.TestHamaAsyncMessageManager
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.029 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testMemoryMessaging(org.apache.hama.bsp.message.TestHamaAsyncMessageManager)
Time elapsed: 0.007 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.<init>(EpollEventLoop.java:71)
    at
io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoopGroup.newChild(EpollEventLoopGroup.java:71)
    at
io.netty.util.concurrent.MultithreadEventExecutorGroup.<init>(MultithreadEventExecutorGroup.java:64)
    at
io.netty.channel.MultithreadEventLoopGroup.<init>(MultithreadEventLoopGroup.java:49)
    at
io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoopGroup.<init>(EpollEventLoopGroup.java:56)
    at
io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoopGroup.<init>(EpollEventLoopGroup.java:48)
    at
io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoopGroup.<init>(EpollEventLoopGroup.java:41)
    at org.apache.hama.ipc.AsyncServer.<init>(AsyncServer.java:84)
    at org.apache.hama.ipc.AsyncRPC$NioServer.<init>(AsyncRPC.java:722)
    at org.apache.hama.ipc.AsyncRPC.getServer(AsyncRPC.java:676)
    at org.apache.hama.ipc.AsyncRPC.getServer(AsyncRPC.java:653)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.message.HamaAsyncMessageManagerImpl.startServer(HamaAsyncMessageManagerImpl.java:97)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.message.HamaAsyncMessageManagerImpl.startRPCServer(HamaAsyncMessageManagerImpl.java:88)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.message.HamaAsyncMessageManagerImpl.init(HamaAsyncMessageManagerImpl.java:69)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.message.TestHamaAsyncMessageManager.messagingInternal(TestHamaAsyncMessageManager.java:72)
    at
org.apache.hama.bsp.message.TestHamaAsyncMessageManager.testMemoryMessaging(TestHamaAsyncMessageManager.java:51)
    at
    at
    at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
    at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:128)
    at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:24)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
    at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:157)
    at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:136)
    at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:127)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junitcore.JUnitCoreTestSet.runJunitCore(JUnitCoreTestSet.java:208)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junitcore.JUnitCoreTestSet.execute(JUnitCoreTestSet.java:95)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junitcore.JUnitCoreTestSet.execute(JUnitCoreTestSet.java:82)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junitcore.JUnitCoreDirectoryTestSuite.execute(JUnitCoreDirectoryTestSuite.java:84)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:104)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:290)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:1017)
*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Only supported on Linux*
    at io.netty.channel.epoll.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:44)
    ... 51 more

Regards,
Behroz

Re: io.netty.channel.epoll not supported on Mac ?

Posted by Behroz Sikander <be...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will try out your suggestion.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: io.netty.channel.epoll not supported on Mac ?

Posted by Behroz Sikander <be...@gmail.com>.