Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by praveen#123 <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 19:59:52 UTC

Missing log entries with DailyRollingFileAppender

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when using the RollingFileAppender: It seems that not
all log statements get written to the file.
I noticed this, because if I follow the execution of my program (it's
multithreaded jms and per sec 2 messages are processing  ) and compare it
with the log some logging statements that
should be written along its path of execution are missing. It's like a()
calls b() calls c() and the logging outputs from b() are missing. I only
log with debug level, so it's not a configuration problem. Is there an
explanation for this strange behavior or a way to fix it? i am using tomcat
5.5 log4j 1.4
this is the log4j file

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
        debug="false">
        <appender name="appLOG"
                class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">

                </layout>
        </appender>
        <appender name="appLOG-ASYNC"
class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">