Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2003/06/12 12:21:33 UTC

russian translation of docs

Hi - I wanted to announce that we have a Russian translation of the
docs, thanks to Dmitry 'the' Zuryanovich!

I have been trying to figure out how to best manage the two
translations.  On the DocBook list, Bob Stayton was kind enough to
share this:

        A revision control system like CVS is essential.  You must be
        able to record author comments regarding editorial changes of
        the English files to know if they require updating in other
        languages.  Noting that a file's modification date has changed
        is not enough information, since rearranging a line break will
        generate a diff.

        Also, you can record which version of an English file was sent
        to translation. And when the Russian file comes back, you can
        record in its comment which English version it was based on.

I should have everything set up shortly to generate HTML files, which
I will then upload to the web site.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton