Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Forrest Li <yu...@rogers.com> on 2003/05/27 05:09:11 UTC

A question

Hi,guys
I'm new guy in forrest. Maybe this is a dump question:
As I understand, forrest is mainly based on Cocoon, and all the web pages have their xml file and xslt files.
That's perfect. Problem is that during our development, maybe in the early stages, we cannot generalize the xml and xslt.
We have only a idea that is not clear. At that stage, we would rather express it using html file or jsp.
After a while, we want to convert them to be Cocoonable. Right?
For example, we just want to display a html file.
<h1>Hello forrest</h1>
after 2 month, we feel comfortable to convert it to be Cocoonable. The case is reasonable.
On the other hand, maybe sometimes we want to convert a legacy portal to forrest-driven little by little.
Two scenario:
1.We convert it after we generalize all the xml and xslt;
2.Can we convert it little by little, for the part that has been made cocoonable, we put it in the src\documentation folder,for the part that hasn't, can we just put it in another folder under src for example "src\legacy", and when we run forrest, we first copy the content in "src\legacy" into "webapps", then render the content in "src\documentation", so for the part that is Cocoonable, it will bypass the legacy part, and we can fulfill the "little by little" objective.

Mike

Re: A question

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Mike,
Have you try to add the html pages under src/documentation/content?

On the forrest.build.xml there is a task called copy-content excluding
xdocs:

 <!-- Copy all non-xdocs content -->
  <target name="copy-content" if="real-content.present">
    <copy toDir="${project.ctxt-dir}/content" filtering="false"
      overwrite="true" failonerror="false">
      <fileset dir="${project.real-content-dir}">
        <exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
      </fileset>
    </copy>
  </target>

Is that what you want?

Cheers
Cheche

答复: A question

Posted by Forrest Li <yu...@rogers.com>.
Hi,guys
I have implement it by changing the forrest.build.xml.
    <property name="project.legacy-dir"    location="${project.home}/src/legacy"     />
   <target name="site" depends="prepare-context, -site"
     description="Generates a static HTML website for this project"/>
    <copy todir="${project.site-dir}" preservelastmodified="true">
      <fileset dir="${project.legacy-dir}" >
      </fileset>
    </copy>

it works for if you have html files, you can put it into "${project.home}/src/legacy" folder, and it will be copied to ${project.site-dir}.

For target webapp, we need make more effort, we should make some changes in the sitemap configuration.
For legacy JSP files, we also need make more effort, especially deploying JSP is not as simple as static html files.

mike