Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sea <26...@qq.com> on 2015/03/18 03:07:05 UTC

InvalidAuxServiceException in dynamicAllocation

Hi, all:

Spark1.3.0 hadoop2.2.0

I put the following params in the spark-defaults.conf

spark.dynamicAllocation.enabled true
spark.dynamicAllocation.minExecutors 20
spark.dynamicAllocation.maxExecutors 300
spark.dynamicAllocation.executorIdleTimeout 300
spark.shuffle.service.enabled true‍

I started the thriftserver and do a query. Exception happened!
I find it in JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5759‍
It says fixed version 1.3.0

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.InvalidAuxServiceException: The auxService:spark_shuffle does not exist 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor28.newInstance(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records.impl.pb.SerializedExceptionPBImpl.instantiateException(SerializedExceptionPBImpl.java:152) 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records.impl.pb.SerializedExceptionPBImpl.deSerialize(SerializedExceptionPBImpl.java:106) 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.api.impl.NMClientImpl.startContainer(NMClientImpl.java:203) 	at org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.ExecutorRunnable.startContainer(ExecutorRunnable.scala:113) 	... 4 more‍

InvalidAuxServiceException in dynamicAllocation

Re: InvalidAuxServiceException in dynamicAllocation

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
I assume you're running YARN given the exception.

I don't know if this is covered in the documentation (I took a quick
look at the config document and didn't see references to it), but you
need to configure Spark's external shuffle service as and auxiliary
nodemanager service in your YARN cluster. That involves deploying the
Spark shuffle service jar to all the NMs, and changing YARN's
configuration to start the service (which should be called
"spark_shuffle"). Please look at YARN's docs for details about how to
set it up.

--
Marcelo