Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Holden, Lance" <La...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2011/05/06 09:28:31 UTC

Extra character on jackrabbit-spi when assembled as a dependencySet in Maven [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi. This is a bit of a Maven question but I'm only getting the problem
with one jackrabbit library so I thought I'd include this list while
searching for an answer.

I have a project with dependencies to the jackrabbit libraries. These
are put into a zip file using an assembly. The relevant parts of the POM
are:

      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
         <artifactId>jackrabbit-api</artifactId>
         <version>${jswat.jackrabbit.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
         <artifactId>jackrabbit-core</artifactId>
         <version>${jswat.jackrabbit.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
          <artifactId>jackrabbit-jca</artifactId>
          <version>${jswat.jackrabbit.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
          <artifactId>jackrabbit-jcr-commons</artifactId>
          <version>${jswat.jackrabbit.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
          <artifactId>jackrabbit-jcr-rmi</artifactId>
          <version>${jswat.jackrabbit.version}</version>
      </dependency>

(note the SPI dependency is inferred from the other dependencies)

And from the assembly bin.xml

      <dependencySets>
        <dependencySet>
          <outputDirectory>libs</outputDirectory>
          <unpack>false</unpack>
          <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependencySet>
      </dependencySets>

When this is resolved the libs directory ends up containing a jar called
jackrabbit-spi-2.2.5-.jar. The extra - between the version and .jar is
causing me problems because my generated manifest file is looking for
jackrabbit-spi-2.2.5.jar as expected from the POM definition. All the
other Jackrabbit libraries extract fine, as do all the other libraries I
use. It looks like the extract file name is to have a classifier
inserted between the version and .jar (the correct location for this)
but the POM doesn't specify any classifier.

Including the SPI dependency as a named artifact doesn't change anything
(not that I expected that would).

This problem only started when I updated from Jackrabbit 1.6 to 2.2. I
tried upgrading to 2.2.5 to see if the problem had been resolved but it
is still there.

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the extra - in the file
name?

Lance Holden

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.