Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Veeramani S <ve...@indts.com> on 2001/02/07 12:41:24 UTC

confirm dialog in the middle of the pipeline process

Hi all,
	I am using Cocoon1.8 on JWS running on WinNT.

	In between the cocoon process pipeline, I want to display a confirm
dialog box in the browser before processing the next xml file.
            Is there any way to block the cocoon process in the middle, and
continue later based on the user input?

	pls help me...

	Thanks in advance

Veera

Re: confirm dialog in the middle of the pipeline process

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Veeramani S wrote:

> Hi all,
>         I am using Cocoon1.8 on JWS running on WinNT.
>
>         In between the cocoon process pipeline, I want to display a confirm
> dialog box in the browser before processing the next xml file.
>             Is there any way to block the cocoon process in the middle, and
> continue later based on the user input?

The only way I can think of is to:

1) Set up a stylesheet that stores the intermediary results in a hidden field and
   presents a form that says "Continue?"
2) When the form is submitted, use XSP to retrieve the intermediary results from
   the hidden field (use util:include-string).
3) The next page continues where you were going to leave off.

Very complicated, and unintuitive.  Unfortunately you can never display a popup
dialog box without sending some HTML to include javascript to present the
dialog box.  You can't send HTML without stopping the pipeline.  You can't resume
a pipeline without caching the results in some manner.