Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Eduardo Manrique <ed...@s1mbi0se.com.br> on 2015/05/22 14:58:20 UTC

TwoPhaseIterator

Hi,

I’m trying to make a cross document MUST with query time join. What I need is return a group if one of its documents matches a condition, and one of another of its doc matches another condition. Searching on internet I found the two phase intersection https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6198 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6198> that seems to be what I need. But I couldn’t find any examples or how to use it. Will it help me on my case? If so, do you guys have any example?

Thanks

Eduardo Manrique

Re: TwoPhaseIterator

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry but I did not understand what you are trying to achieve.
However, TwoPhaseIterator does not really help implement search
use-cases. It is rather an optimization which allows Lucene to
dissociate query executon into a cheap approximation and a costly
verificati. A good example is phrase queries: the cheap approximation
is a conjunction of terms (find documents that contain all terms) and
the costly verification is about verifying that terms appear at
consecutive positions.

--
Adrien