Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Omri Suissa <om...@diffdoof.com> on 2012/08/21 16:00:10 UTC

Lucene.net Nested Documents support (lucene version 3.4)

Hi everyone,
We are currently implementing Lucene .net in our solution and we need to
use the Lucene Nested Documents support that was introduce in Lucene
version 3.4
If I understand correctly the current version of Lucene .net does not
support this feature (and other 3.4 features), there is a timeline for the
3.4 porting to .net?

Thank you,
Omri

Re: Lucene.net Nested Documents support (lucene version 3.4)

Posted by Omri Suissa <om...@diffdoof.com>.
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the help.
This is my scenario:
My search application allow users to add manual tags to each document, each
tag have a name, type and permissions.
When searching I would like to have the following options:
1) get all the document that contains specific tag (with any type) that I
have permission to view
2) get all the document that contains specific tag with specific type that
I have permission to view

For example if I have 2 documents:
Doc A with tags:
         X (type 1, permissions: everyone)
         Y (type 1, permissions: User1, User2)
         Z (type 2, permissions: User1)

Doc B with tags:
         X (type 2, permissions: everyone)
         Y (type 4, permissions: everyone)
         Z (type 2, permissions: User1)

I'll be able to find A and B when searching for all documents with tag X,
only A if X with type 1 and non of the if tag Z and i'm User2 (and so
on...).

So nested documents could really help me where each tag is a sub document
(like sql JOIN operation).

What can I do using the current capabilities?

Thank you for the help,
Omri