Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Rohit <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/26 10:20:19 UTC

How to contribute ?

Hey Guys,

I’ve configured Drill for Dev on my machine. However, I'm still not clear how should i start contributing to it.

I’ve gone through Jira issues. Being a newbie to this project i think it would be best to start over with fixing test cases or add new test cases or trivial bugs. This will help me in acquainting with Drill code. However, I couldn’t find any issues like this. (Jira issues - test.)

Please let me know how should i start.

Thanks,
RS.

Re: How to contribute ?

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
It sounds like a number of people are missing piees to do this.  Would
anybody be up for writing a quick wiki article on how to configure the
storage-engines.json file, their relationship between storage engine name
and schema name and the use of file names as tables names?

Also, Steven, could you put together a quick overview of how to run Drill
in distributed mode on a DFS cluster?

Re: How to contribute ?

Posted by rohit sharma <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to contribute ?

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.
As for the code-generation, you might like to leverage the implementation in Optiq:

  /** SQL {@code LIKE} function. */
  public static boolean like(String s, String pattern) {
    final String regex = Like.sqlToRegexLike(pattern, null);
    return Pattern.matches(regex, s);
  }

  /** SQL {@code LIKE} function with escape. */
  public static boolean like(String s, String pattern, String escape) {
    final String regex = Like.sqlToRegexLike(pattern, escape);
    return Pattern.matches(regex, s);
  }

  /** SQL {@code SIMILAR} function. */
  public static boolean similar(String s, String pattern) {
    final String regex = Like.sqlToRegexSimilar(pattern, null);
    return Pattern.matches(regex, s);
  }

  /** SQL {@code SIMILAR} function with escape. */
  public static boolean similar(String s, String pattern, String escape) {
    final String regex = Like.sqlToRegexSimilar(pattern, escape);
    return Pattern.matches(regex, s);
  }

and see https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq/blob/master/core/src/main/java/net/hydromatic/optiq/runtime/Like.java.

This can be packaged up as a DrillFunc.

However, fixing DrillOptiq$RexToDrill.visitCall is more challenging.

Julian

Re: How to contribute ?

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.

RE: How to contribute ?