Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/12/21 20:14:35 UTC

[WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Forwarding here a discussion from ooo-marketing.

Alexandro said it would be nice to have a themed variant of the logo
online for the next two weeks, as we have historically done over the
years, and he provided a "holiday version" of the old logo temporarily
available at http://imagebin.org/240155

Would it be possible to have a similarly tweaked version of
http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/OOo_Website_v2_copy.png
to temporarily replace the one on the website?

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
+1 even the streets are illuminated now, so lets change it, as suggested
with what we have, and do something well ahead of time next year.

jan.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 22 December 2012 01:20, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> > > Forwarding here a discussion from ooo-marketing.
> > >
> > > Alexandro said it would be nice to have a themed variant of the logo
> > online
> > > for the next two weeks, as we have historically done over the years,
> and
> > he
> > > provided a "holiday version" of the old logo temporarily available at
> > > http://imagebin.org/240155
> > >
> > > Would it be possible to have a similarly tweaked version of
> > > http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/OOo_Website_v2_copy.png
> > > to temporarily replace the one on the website?
> > >

> > Technically this is easy. Check in the new logo, say into
> > ooo-site/images/holidays/christmas-2012.png
> >

>  I couldnt find that folder, I would also suggest to be within the
> AOO_logos folder to keep it better organized and add the holiday to the
> name of the file.

That is a good idea, then we have it in svn. Do we also need some other
files to be able to recreate it (svg or so?).

jan.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
It is no longer incubator...

try https:
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos

and now I am off to bed (1:26) :-)

jan

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Here is a version on SVG
http://imagebin.org/240272

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Trademark sign is there. I will perform the fix tonight and upload it
> to the same album.

Please use the SVG. Imagebin supports this file format and is just better
for everyone to apply changes to a vectorial image.

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.

--
Best,
Michael

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
Hi Michael,

 great job! Would you mind to do that also for the AOO banner on
SourceForge directory (http://sourceforge.net/directory)?

Roberto

--
====

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.

--
Best,
Michael

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.

--
Best,
Michael

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

http://www.openoffice.org/

The seagull ball wearing a Santa Claus hat looks good.
:)
It's snowing in Ichinoseki, Iwate, Tohoku region of Japan, now.
:)
Merry Christmas!

Thanks,
khirano
--
khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Super...number 3 is choosen, and if nobody disagrees I will try to upload
> it tomorrow (it is quite late here in southern spain)...or maybe Rob or
> someone else can do it before that.

Done.  It looks nice, I think.

> Thanks for your design.

+1.  Thanks, Michael!

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jahl,
>
> I've uploaded secondary versions of the holiday logo with the corrections
> that you requested on returning the colors of the word OpenOffice to its
> original one.
>

> https://picasaweb.google.com/102338277738893050711/AOOHolidayLogos?authkey=Gv1sRgCMnEnLzl7sKgOA
>
> All of them are at the highest resolution available.

It would be helpful if we have a source file. Can you provide the SVG and
not a rasterize graphic?

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.
Jahl,

--
Best,
Michael

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.
Jahl,

--
Best,
Michael

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrea,

--
Best,
Michael

Re: [WEBSITE] Holiday logo version

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Michael Acevedo wrote:
> I've attached my candidates to this email. Let me know if you can see them.

Thanks! Unfortunately, they didn't reach the list so nobody could see
them. It's better to upload them to http://imagebin.org/ or somewhere.

> Logo #1 puts a santa hat on the orb and tweaks the colors of the word
> OpenOffice to the typical red and green of the season.
> Logo #2 makes the orb a decorated ball. The coloring of the word
> OpenOffice remains the same...

Reading the descriptions, the solutions seem quite creative! But with
the logo we must be careful, meaning: adding themed elements to the logo
is OK, while replacing the orb or the colors should probably be avoided,
to make sure visitors are not confused (this logo will be seen 800K

Posted by Michael Acevedo <ve...@gmail.com>.
I've attached my candidates to this email. Let me know if you can see them.

Logo #1 puts a santa hat on the orb and tweaks the colors of the word
OpenOffice to the typical red and green of the season.

Logo #2 makes the orb a decorated ball. The coloring of the word OpenOffice
remains the same...

Hope you like them...

--
Best,