Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Mark DeLaFranier <de...@HotPOP.com> on 2004/10/14 07:30:19 UTC

Debugger Suggestions...

Hello Geronimo Dev Community,

Please forgive me if this already has been addressed already.  I've done a search on the dev archives with no results.

I am just in the process of familiarizing myself with the Geronimo codeline and I was going to run Geronimo in a java debugger, Karmira's Bugseeker, however, it doesn't like the new 'assert' statement in the JDK.

Does anybody have any recommendations, and hopefully setup tips :-), for a java debugger that works with minimal setup and config for Geronimo?

Thanks

Mark

Re: Debugger Suggestions...

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
Mark DeLaFranier wrote:

> Does anybody have any recommendations, and hopefully setup tips :-), for
> a java debugger that works with minimal setup and config for Geronimo?

I use Idea (http://www.intellij.com) which has support for remote
debugging so you can attach to a running server and step through the
code; setting this up is fairly easy - you set up a remote debug
session, cut&paste some additional parameters onto the command line, and
have at it. There is a target m:idea in the geronimo build that will set
up the Idea project as well.

Most other modern IDEs, like Eclipse, can do this as well and I believe
there is a m:eclipse target as well.

--
Jeremy