Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Feng Zhang <fz...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/22 16:30:42 UTC

Publish the implemented service using WSDL first

Dear CXF team:

  I am following http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/developing-a-service.html to
develop a WSDL first web service: "

   1. Generate starting point code.
   2. Implement the service's operations.
   3. Publish the implemented service. "

  I finished step 2 but could not find step 3 instructions. I think it would
work the same way as Java first development after wsdl2java operation, but
not sure if it is the proper way. I think WSDL first means that when user
access the webservice, server will respond with the original WSDL contract,
not the regenerated WSDL from java classes generated from wsdl2java tool,
right ?

   Please guide.

Thanks
Feng

Re: Publish the implemented service using WSDL first

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Feng,

We mentioned how to acceess the wsdl in samples README, see the part how
to launch client by java command line ,
or UNIX:

    java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=$CXF_HOME/etc/logging.properties
         demo.hw.client.Client
http://localhost:#/helloworld/services/hello_world?wsdl

  For Windows:

    java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=%CXF_HOME%\etc\logging.properties
       demo.hw.client.Client
http://localhost:#/helloworld/services/hello_world?wsdl

Yes, definitely we need document this issue  more clearly in README.
I filled a jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-671 to track it.
Cheers.
Freeman