Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2011/07/11 20:24:33 UTC

Locale and SimpleDateFormat: creationdate in WebdavServlet

WebdavServlet uses "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'" witout setting Locale.US.

The format is specified in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2518.txt, 23.2
Appendix 2 - ISO 8601 Date and Time Profile, and I would say it should
also be en_US.

I don't know much about Webdav though ...

Agreed?

It is the last SDF that does not have a Locale and probably should have
one. The other cases seem OK.

Rainer

Re: Locale and SimpleDateFormat: creationdate in WebdavServlet

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/7/11 Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>:
> WebdavServlet uses "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'" witout setting Locale.US.
>
> The format is specified in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2518.txt, 23.2
> Appendix 2 - ISO 8601 Date and Time Profile, and I would say it should
> also be en_US.
>
> I don't know much about Webdav though ...
>
> Agreed?
>
> It is the last SDF that does not have a Locale and probably should have
> one. The other cases seem OK.

I agree.

It uses 2-digit month, so it does not matter much,  unless you have
locale that uses unusual digits here.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko