Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> on 2007/01/10 16:26:22 UTC

Tiles Jira

Thanks to Martin we now have a Jira instance set up for Tiles:

    https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES

I suggest we start adding any new issues there immediately.  See the INFRA
ticket for the Tiles TLP for info about porting existing tickets.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Tiles Jira

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 1/11/07, Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 1/11/07, Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> wrote:

> And if it is definitive, should we
> > move all the SB (for Tiles) issues in the TILES project?
>
> Yes I think we do need to do that.  If you (or somebody) could help that
> would be great, but be aware that Jira notifications are not yet turned on
> for the project.  Will they go to Struts maybe?

I don't think the mailing lists are set up yet.  Brett usually does
them, but he's been busy lately.  Once that's done we can [have
someone] do the svn move and point JIRA at our own notifications list.

(But I hope we can change the issues from SB to TILES without sending
any notifications.)

--
Wendy

Re: Tiles Jira

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
On 1/11/07, Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> wrote:

> Maybe I misunderstood the term "experimental", do you mean "creating a
> new project under the Struts JIRA instance is the only simple way to
> move the issues from the sandbox"?

No, perhaps I misunderstood the situation.  I thought it was difficult or
impossible to actually move an issue at all (i.e. change SB to TILES.  It
would be great if I'm wrong :-)

Anyway the question is: this measure (the project under Struts JIRA
> instance) is definitive or temporary?

It's permanent.  Our final TLP Jira destination will be under the Struts
project.

Re: Tiles Jira

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.
Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> On 1/10/07, Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Greg Reddin ha scritto:
>> > See the INFRA
>> > ticket for the Tiles TLP for info about porting existing tickets.
>>
>> What experimental tool?
>> And anyway, is it really necessary? Since they are in the same JIRA
>> instance, the tickets could be ported with a bulk change, moving them to
>> the new JIRA project.
>

> IIUC  a huge missing piece in Jira is the capability to move issues
> around.
> So, for example, when Shale went TLP we couldn't create a new Jira
> instance
> for Shale and move tickets to it.

That's true :-(

>   I think there's an experimental way to
> move an issue from SB-* to TILES-* if we wanted to do that, but I
> don't know
> anything about it.

Maybe I misunderstood the term "experimental", do you mean "creating a
new project under the Struts JIRA instance is the only simple way to
move the issues from the sandbox"?
Anyway the question is: this measure (the project under Struts JIRA
instance) is definitive or temporary? And if it is definitive, should we
move all the SB (for Tiles) issues in the TILES project?
If you are not able to do it, then I can do it, I did it for one SB
issue that I moved to Struts.

Ciao
Antonio

Re: Tiles Jira

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 1/10/07, Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 1/10/07, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm afraid I don't either. ;-( I was just trying to do _something_ last
> > night to at least get the ball rolling, since nothing seemed to be
> > happening.
>

> Did you see my "ping" to the infra list?

Yes, that's what prompted me to try to help. :-)

--
Martin Cooper

  It didn't get any response so I'm

Re: Tiles Jira

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
On 1/10/07, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't either. ;-( I was just trying to do _something_ last
> night to at least get the ball rolling, since nothing seemed to be
> happening.

Did you see my "ping" to the infra list?  It didn't get any response so I'm

Re: Tiles Jira

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 1/10/07, Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 1/10/07, Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> > > See the INFRA
> > > ticket for the Tiles TLP for info about porting existing tickets.
> >
> > What experimental tool?
> > And anyway, is it really necessary? Since they are in the same JIRA
> > instance, the tickets could be ported with a bulk change, moving them to
> > the new JIRA project.
>

> IIUC  a huge missing piece in Jira is the capability to move issues
> around.
> So, for example, when Shale went TLP we couldn't create a new Jira
> instance
> for Shale and move tickets to it.  I think there's an experimental way to
> move an issue from SB-* to TILES-* if we wanted to do that, but I don't
> know
> anything about it.

I'm afraid I don't either. ;-( I was just trying to do _something_ last
night to at least get the ball rolling, since nothing seemed to be
happening.

One thing I noticed when I set up the project is that, when I set one of the
schemes to Struts, JIRA seemed to be looking for issues to move and didn't
find any. It made me wonder if it would actually move issues as you wanted
if we had the appropriate scheme set up correctly. However, this is going to
need someone who understands these scheme thingies much better than I do...

--
Martin Cooper

Greg

Re: Tiles Jira