Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vamsi Gmail! <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/11 08:56:51 UTC

Regarding getting resource from external url

             Hi,

                       I have a requirement where I have to hit the external
url and get the response and display it on the browser ,this can be done
using httpclient but my requirement is I am using a proxy pass in
apache.when I am make a request to the url that should be proxy passed is
working when I am requesting through browser a apache handles that one it
understands it should pass to some other url,but it is not working when I am
including the that page in other jsp page as struts handling it doesnot know
where to forward the request.Is there anything like this in struts that will
fetch the content from external site and display it on the browser

Thanks
Vamsi

Re: Regarding getting resource from external url

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Vamsi Gmail! wrote:
>             Hi,
>
>                       I have a requirement where I have to hit the external
> url and get the response and display it on the browser ,this can be done
> using httpclient but my requirement is I am using a proxy pass in
> apache.when I am make a request to the url that should be proxy passed is
> working when I am requesting through browser a apache handles that one it
> understands it should pass to some other url,but it is not working when
> I am
> including the that page in other jsp page as struts handling it doesnot
> know
> where to forward the request.Is there anything like this in struts that
> will
> fetch the content from external site and display it on the browser

No there's nothing like that built into Struts. Using HttpClient or
something similar is the right approach but obviously you'll need to
configure it appropriately to know about your proxy.

L.