Posted to cli-dev@httpd.apache.org by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/12 11:01:35 UTC

Compiling with VC++ 8 (Express beta)

Without dummy definitions VC 8 linker gives warnings:

WorkerRequest.obj : warning LNK4248: unresolved
typeref token (01000027) for
'Apache.Native.apr_pool_t'
WorkerRequest.obj : warning LNK4248: unresolved
typeref token (01000029) for
'Apache.Native.apr_bucket_alloc_t'
WorkerRequest.obj : warning LNK4248: unresolved
typeref token (0100002A) for
'Apache.Native.apr_table_t'

and IL code now contains dummy type metadata.

Explanation of this warning is that it occurs when
there is only a forward declaration for a type in an
MSIL module (compiled with /clr), where the type is
referenced in the MSIL module, and where the MSIL
module is linked with a native module that has a
definition for the type.

Bad news is that:

virtual String __gc * GetUnknownRequestHeaders(void)
__gc[]__gc[]

won't compile, giving error:

System::String __gc * __gc[]' : a managed array cannot
have this element type.

Finally, destructors with void return like:
   void ~Host();
also caused compiler error.

Tony

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Compiling with VC++ 8 (Express beta)

Posted by Tonko Juricic <to...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Isn't the loading of the CLR
> "different" for _any_ .NET
> version over 1.1?
>
> Hasn't
> CLSID_CorRuntimeHost
> and
> IID_ICorRuntimeHost
> been replaced with
> CLSID_CLRRuntimeHost
> and
> IID_ICLRRuntimeHost?
>
> And aren't there many, many
> hosting options available for
> the .NET 1.2 (and up)
> Framework?
>
> Plus aren't there major different
> "plain C++ programming styles"
> changes for version 8 (and so on)?
>
> No matter what the answers are,
> feel free to branch the .NET 1.1
> mod_aspdotnet source code
> and carry on.   ;)

Sorry, but I don't have a slightest idea of what are
you talking about.

I don't see the reason to branch the code. In fact, I
don't think I even have CVS update rights, since I
never asked for nor intended it.

I'm quite happy with being able to compile current
code with only minor modifications, using both VS.NET
2003 and VS Express 2005 compilers, and run it on both
1.x and 2.x runtimes.

That's about all that I cared about and it is fine
with me for now, considering approaching holidays.

Cheers,

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Tonko Juricic"

> Subject: Compiling with VC++ 8 (Express beta)