Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sonam Nepali <So...@imail.org> on 2011/02/25 19:15:50 UTC

Soap11FaultInInterceptor vs Soap11FaultOutInterceptor

Hi

If I were to write a Exception Handler, should I extend from Soap11FaultInInterceptor or Soap11FaultOutInterceptor?  What's the difference in them?

Thanks

Sonam Nepali

Re: Soap11FaultInInterceptor vs Soap11FaultOutInterceptor

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday 25 February 2011 1:15:50 PM Sonam Nepali wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I were to write a Exception Handler, should I extend from
> Soap11FaultInInterceptor or Soap11FaultOutInterceptor?  What's the
> difference in them?

The FaultOUT interceptor would be use on the server side to write the fault
out onto the wire.   The FaultIN would be on the client side to map the on-
the-wire fault to an exception that the client would expect.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org