Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Crain <ac...@greenenergycorp.com> on 2011/01/19 18:33:41 UTC

downloading resources

Hi,

There are several external shared libraries available via http in tar.gz
files that I want to include in a jar.

I do not want to check these files into my scm.

How do I get maven to

1) Check if they are already present, and if not
2) Download the tarball
3) Uncompress it to my projects src/main/resources folder

(I'm distributing shared libraries this way because it's an OSGi bundle that
uses JNI libraries)

Any advice on combinations of plugins to use?

-Adam

Re: downloading resources

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
any phase before the phase in which you create the bundle...

probably generate-resources

Re: downloading resources

Posted by Adam Crain <ac...@greenenergycorp.com>.

Re: downloading resources

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: downloading resources

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> 1) Check if they are already present, and if not
> 2) Download the tarball
> 3) Uncompress it to my projects src/main/resources folder

Some plugins you should take a look at:
m-dependency-p (probably can do it all)
m-assembly-p
m-remote-resources-p (probably not an option)
m-antrun-p (if you really can't find a good way to do this any other way)
make-maven-plugin (part of the codehaus cbuild plugin) [1]

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/cbuild-parent/cbuild-plugin-parent/make-maven-plugin/unpack-mojo.html

Wayne