Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com> on 2007/03/13 15:17:30 UTC

docletPath issues with javadoc plugin

I'm trying to use the javadoc plugin with ydoc. If I specify the jars as
artifiacts it cannot use the docletPath setting to find the resources
directory, as its one or the other:

        *if* ( ( docletArtifact != *null* ) && ( StringUtils.isNotEmpty( docletArtifact.getGroupId() ) )
            && ( StringUtils.isNotEmpty( docletArtifact.getArtifactId() ) )
            && ( StringUtils.isNotEmpty( docletArtifact.getVersion() ) ) )
        {
            path.append( getArtifactAbsolutePath( docletArtifact ) );
        }
        *else* *if* ( docletArtifacts != *null* )
        {
            *for* ( *int* i = 0; i < docletArtifacts.length; i++ )
            {
                *if* ( docletArtifacts[i] != *null* )
                {
                    path.append( getArtifactAbsolutePath( docletArtifacts[i] ) );

                    *if* ( i < docletArtifacts.length - 1 )
                    {
                        path.append( File.pathSeparator );
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        *else*
        {
            path.append( docletPath );
        }

        *if* ( StringUtils.isEmpty( path.toString() ) )
        {
            getLog().warn(
                           *"No docletpath option was found. Please review <docletpath/> or <docletArtifact/>"*
                               + *" or <doclets/>."* );
        }

Maybe docletPath should be allowed ontop of artifacts? Also the extdirs property is not used anywhere, shouldn't
that get put into the put onto the path?

If I don't specify any artifacts and instead put everything into <docletPath> then I always get the error at the end,
it's like the docletPath value is not getting injected.

Mark

maven-native-plugin: Handling win32 System Library Dependencies

Posted by Brad Harper <br...@epsiia.com>.
Hello:

Regarding the subject, are my only two options

   +  using an environment variable to resolve
      dynamic links, and/or

   +  explicitly installing system .dll/.lib libraries
      into a maven repository [using install:install-file]
      and listing the artifacts as a <dependency> in
      the executable's pom.xml?

Having the libraries in their native system location
AND keeping a copy in a maven repository doesn't seem
like a preferred route ... but it strikes me as the more
maven-like approach.

Thanks.

Brad

Re: How to use patched INTERNAL javadoc plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Better watch out... "Any time" could be pretty frequent! ;-)

Wayne

Posted by Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
just point to the patch and invite to some beers ;)

On 3/14/07, Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com> wrote:
> The problem with another group-id is that it then cannot be searched for
> as default, so it's no longer mvn javadoc:javadoc, thats something I
> want to avoid - it just confuses the user. Marking my local repo as a
> proxy, when it isn't looks dangeriou, or maybe I'm misunderstanding.
>
> How long till my fix will be rolled into the javadoc plugin, and plugin
> released? I'd saving having a b0rked javadoc  doclet plugin is good
> enough reason for a quick update :)
>
> Mark
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > i think in that doc it says that it can't be in two repos and you need
> > to use a proxy (so the maven-metadata.xml is merged)
> >
> > or you put your plugin under another groupId, which should be the most
> > correct solution
> >
> > On 3/14/07, Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com> wrote:
> >> After finding a bug I'm trying to make our build system work with a
> >> patched version of the javadoc plugin, as discussed here
> >> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins.
> >>
> >> I have changed the pom of the patched javadoc plugin from 2.2 to
> >> 2.2-INTERNAL-r502215,  the parent pom is still 8-SNAPSHOT. I have placed
> >> the patched dependency in the local build system and updated the plugin
> >> in the project pom.xml to use the INTERNAL version, but it still insists
> >> on downloading and installing 2.2
> >>
> >> Here is the pom.xml
> >> http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/trunk/pom.xml
> >>
> >> Here is the location of the patched dependency:
> >> http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/trunk/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/2.2-INTERNAL-r502215/
> >>

> >> It is checkout as part of the main project which has a "repository"
> >> directory. Which is made available with the following two settings:
> >>     <repository>
> >>       <id>basedir</id>
> >>       <url>file://${basedir}/repository</url>
> >>     </repository>
> >> and
> >>     <pluginRepository>
> >>         <id>basedir</id>
> >>       <url>file://${basedir}/repository</url>
> >>     </pluginRepository>
> >>
> >> This works for all the other dependencies that are local repository
> >> directory.
> >>
> >> Mark

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: How to use patched INTERNAL javadoc plugin

Posted by Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com>.

Re: docletPath issues with javadoc plugin

Posted by Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com>.